Saturday, June 14, 2014

For My Husband On Fathers Day

 It's 23:15 on the eve of Father's Day.
I'm working on some last minute gifts for Andy from Gracie and Alfie tomorrow.
With all the chaos of moving and getting set up here in Cyprus this day has come around much quicker than I realised.
I'm sat here whilst Andy,Gracie and Alfie are asleep. I am watching them on the monitor.I'm trying to gather my thoughts to write something special to my husband for Father's Day.
Watching my husband and our precious children all snuggled and sleeping as my inspiration for writing this.

With tears in my eyes and a heart fit to burst try as I might I simply cannot find the words.
How do I translate what this man does with his heart every day?
I have had the privilege of watching this amazing man become the father he never knew he would be.
I have had the pleasure of seeing every moment of sheer love and joy he has had with our babies for the past 1 year and 11 days. That is 1 year and 11 days my husband has held our babies,  loved them and laughed with them and yet every day it's is like he is seeing them and holding them for the first time.
The happiness and love in this mans heart knows no bounds.
The love that he has for our diddy people makes my heart melt daily. As soon as his eyes open in the morning they are drawn to the diddies laying between us and a light is turned on that is met by a smile.
I didn't have a very good example of what a father should be but I know one thing, Gracie and Alfie are so lucky and this amazing man will make sure they know how much they are loved, how clever they are, how beautiful they are. By his example they will know joy, love, happiness, silliness, courage, determination and strength. They will know how to be brave, how to be kind, how to be loyal. They will also know of health and well being by his example. He will show them how hard work pays off and how to always do the best they can and take pride in everything they do. His laughter and smile will warm their hearts (as it does mine) and dry their tears. They will know their daddy is there for them and that he always will be.
When we married we never knew where our path would take us. Yet I always knew this man would be an amazing father. I'm so proud and grateful in so so many ways that I get to ride sidecar with him on this amazing adventure and watch him be that father every day.

So it's not a poem. It's not an expensive gift. The gifts I give him tomorrow are handmade with anything I could get my hands on locally while most of our belongings are in shipment. The greatest gifts we could have hoped for arrived 1 year and 11 days ago, these two little miracles that made him a father. He holds these gifts in his arms every day and will hold them in his heart forever.

To my husband on this Father's Day. I love you and I am so so proud.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Chele such lovely words. He will love this so much. Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete