Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Infertility Hope and Inspiration: Mrs W's Story of Poor Ovarian Reserve, Tragic Loss and a Miracle....

Beautiful W holding his daddy's hand at a few days old
"We found out very quickly after trying for just a few months that we would need to have IVF, to say we were gutted is an understatement!! I suffer with what is called a poor ovarian reserve, which basically means I have a very low amount of eggs left.

We decided to start ASAP, so booked our cycle straight away. We were amazed and delighted that on our first go we were pregnant! I had some early complications but by 12 weeks everything had settled and we were starting to feel a little more confident. Sadly I just got to reach 20 weeks when our baby boy was born, our hearts literally broke in 2. I can't begin to explain the sadness that we felt and honestly will feel forever. He was perfect...

Although part of me really didn't want to we decided that we would try IVF again, it was tougher going emotionally then the first cycle, I'm not sure if that has any connection to our result, which was negative. Those 2 week waits were the hardest!!

So, now we thought maybe third time lucky! Let's give it another go. We started our next cycle in the November.

We found out the week before Christmas that we were pregnant. We were so happy! I went to our clinic for the regular checks and was told yes indeed all was ok, they wanted me to go back for further tests just to check my hormone levels a few days later, to cut a long story short they called me the day before Christmas Eve to say that my pregnancy was not progressing as it should and that I would have a miscarriage within 12 weeks. That Christmas is a total blur. I ended up waiting for 8 weeks to miscarry. It was emotionally exhausting.

By this point I was desperate, so we booked our 4th IVF cycle, we wanted to wait a few months so decided we would get away from our life and take a much needed holiday. We had an amazing long weekend in New York, we really relaxed and enjoyed ourselves, I actually got drunk for the first time in 2 years (as I'd given up drinking for the IVF!) and when we got back home, I was anxiously waiting for my period to come so we could get cracking with our 4th IVF cycle, and, it never came!!!

32 weeks later our beautiful baby boy was born, he arrived 8 weeks early and was so
Gorgeous W at 8.5 months
tiny, but 8 and a half months later he's a bouncing, healthy, happy little boy....

Never ever give up on something you can't go a day, a minute or even a second without thinking about.... "

Thank you honey for sharing your story.

Love Chele
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment