Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains - Review

I have so much love for Revlon right now. First there was the Lip Butters and now these beauties!

I had my beady eyes on these for some time while beauty bloggers were raving about them in the US. I couldn't wait for them to come over here to the UK. As soon as they landed in Boots last month I ran out of the door during my lunch break to grab some. I was not disappointed.
The Balm Stains are currently on offer in Boots for £5.99 but will then sell for £7.99 so if you want them go and grab the bargain. I believe they are available in 7 shades.

I have these in two shades:
020 Lovesick (a magenta pink)
040 Rendevouz ( a vibrant orange)
 
I cannot rave about these enough! They apply smoothly and they don't sit in any nooks and crannies on the lips. They are incredibly moisturising which I was not expecting. The colour lasts all day. I can put this on early in the morning and still need to remove the colour when I wash my face in the evening. The gloss dulls but the colour really does stain on your lips. You can reapply during the day if you prefer the glossiness.

I don't wear lipstick as much as I would like to as I find myself constantly checking it hasn't smudged around my mouth or onto my teeth. I can wear these confidently knowing they will not budge anywhere!

I haven't tried the Clinique Chubby Sticks but I dont think I will now as I am so impressed with these. I would much rather pay £7.99 for something I know is doing what I want than to pay £16.00.

The only thing I would say if I HAD to nit pick is that these do have an unusual scent. It's minty but not like say peppermint. It's more of a chalky mint and the only thing I can compare the scent to are indigestion tablets. This did put me off at first but I am over it now since the Balm Stains are so great.

I don't know if the Chubby Sticks smell like this but for the price, quality, staying power and overall fabulousness I am more than happy to ignore the scent and stick with my Revlon Just Bitten Kissables!

Thank you for reading,

Chele
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment