Friday, June 22, 2012

Please let me remember this.....

Andy is off to Afganistan on Monday. I couldn't sleep last night and had so many thoughts running through my mind. Here are my thoughts. For my Andy....

I'm laying here holding you close as you fall asleep
I'm trying to imprint this into my mind for when you're not here
I can feel the warmth of your back along my front
Our feet twisted together One hand in your hair
One hand stroking your arm
It's so warm in here but I don't want to move.
I need to remember this for when you are not here.
We take so much for granted, sleeping on other sides of the bed.
I guess we just know that we have other nights to cuddle together
Except we don't
I need to remember this
Your shallow breathing as you drift into sleep
The scent of you as my face nuzzles into your neck
Please let me remember this
Tomorrow night I'll ask you to cuddle me so I can remember that too.
For once I don't mind that your soft breathing is keeping me awake,
In a few days you won't be here to keep me awake.
Come back to me safely, always
I love you  Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment