Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Why?

The Why post was originally set up by Mummy Central and my beautiful friend Lynn over on Baby Steps posted a great 'Why' blog today and tagged me in so that I could give it a go. Why not?

I'm writing these in the order they come to me with no editing, perhaps it says something about my thought processes.

Why am I stryggling to think of whys? I ask Andy a million "whys" a day, usually resulting in a sensible/logical answer and much fun poking my way.....

Why do fools fall in love, why do birds sing so gay?

Why must I be a teenager in love?

Why does your love hurt so much?

Why does someone else's dinner always look/ taste better than your own even when you are eating the same thing?

Why does tea taste better in a white mug? (ok is that just me)

Why do we always get a humungous spot on the day of an important event?

Why when we are supposed go to bed is it hard to get comfortable, yet we could sleep on a bed of nails when we are not supposed to be in bed?

Why are we wide awake stupid early on a weekend but super sleepy when the alarm goes off on a week day?

Why can't we sleep on the nights when we have to wake up extra early the following morning?

Why do we bump into our nemesis /ex the only time we go out without make up on?

Why are we late for work on the mornings when we leave the house earlier?

Why DID the chicken cross the road?

Why is it raining like this in June?

Why does it always rain on me?

Why do we go upstairs and forget what we went up there for?

Why do we always forget to get the chicken out of the freezer? (come on, I know you do)

Why do we make a gesture bringing our hand to our ear when referring to speaking with someone on the phone?

Why do men (some/most) sit on the tube with their legs spreadeagled?

Why do the annoying songs stick in our heads, not the good ones?

Why can't we put mascara on with our mouths closed? (if you have seen my face of make up challenge videos you have seen my freak mascara face)

Why do we have to yawn when someone else does? 

Why cant we keep our eyes open when we sneeze?

Why do people say 'should of' instead of 'should have'?

Why, when the tv remote is not working do we press the buttons really hard and shake the remote thinking it will fix it?

Why do we have a sheet to cover our modesty during an internal scan? They are going to see it all anyway! 

And while I was writing this post Andy came into the room and said here's one for your why list, why is it so f'ing difficult for you to change the toilet roll.

Chele
xx





3 comments:

  1. Well done honey! Some brilliant WHYS! Especially about the dinner on someone else's plate tasting better. It is so true! Also, the annoying songs! I hate when you start singing them too. In terms of changing the loo roll though it is always DTF that forgets. You'd think after 10 years with me he'd save himself a telling off and change the damn thing instead of trying to fill me with Mars Bars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Homey! I just don't know what is is with the loo roll thing. I have explained to Andy, I don't even know I'm doing it (or not doing it) I'm always thinking of the next thing I'm doing. I genuinely don't notice! That's so bad. What's DTF's excuse? Xx

      Delete
  2. And why does the loo roll always need to be changed when it's my turn in there? Xx

    ReplyDelete