Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Review: Spa Find Calmit Extract Intensive Anti-ageing

I was lucky to be sent this product but I must state that I was under no obligation to write a review.

I really enjoyed using this so I wanted to share my thoughts with you and now that I have had this for a while and used this product up I am keen to share my opinion.

My first impression was how beautiful the packaging is. It looks expensive and I would be happy to receive this as a gift. When I opened the box I was I intrigued by the three glass bottles. This looked really unique to me, like nothing I had seen before. I expected this to be of a facial oil consistency but on inspection it is more watery than oily. It has a very slight and gentle floral scent.

This product landed on my doorstep at exactly the right time. My skin was in a worse state than I think it had ever been. I must be insane showing you this but here is a picture that I took of my skin on the day that I received this:

WARNING: SCARY PICTURE!


The idea of Calmit is that, after cleansing, you massage it into your face, neck and décolleté morning and night for one week of every month using one glass bottle for that week. Alternatively, as an intensive treatment you can use all three bottles over three weeks consecutively (1 bottle per week). I chose the latter as my skin was in desperate need of some help! I was pinning my hopes on Calmit as I was hoping it would calm my angry skin.

I massaged this into my face using (clean!) fingers by pouring a few drops into my hand and then and dipping my fingers into it. This instantly felt soothing and sank into my skin. I was pleased to notice that it absorbed well and didn't leave a sticky residue.

I have an oily T-zone and felt like this matified it slightly. I felt that my makeup went on top of it nicely and I didn't use a primer or anything else under my foundation.

I am not suggesting that this is a miracle product or anything like that but I really felt like it soothed and calmed my very irritated and angry skin.

I used this in conjunction with some other items since my skin had flared up and I have found that my skin has really settled down.

Unfortunately I have not been blessed with amazing, flawless skin. I have large pores, redness, some pigmentation but (touch wood) I haven't had any further breakouts as dramatic as that one.
I will definitely buy this if/when my skin needs some extra TLC again and I have my eye on some other products in the Spa Find range.

As a brand I love that their formulas are non-comedogenic (they don't contain ingredients proven to cause pore blockages) and are skin friendly. They blend natural de-ionised water with pure Dead Sea minerals and organic plant extracts. They are allergen free, paraben free, don't contain GMO's (genetically modified organisms) or any animal ingredients.

The Calmit Extract Intensive Anti-ageing is available from Spa Find at £29.50.

Thanks for reading
Chele
Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment